Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Alrighty...

Now that everyone has accepted that looks like they're going to, lets do this. As I see it we have a choice to make before we go much further. We can go with a future/sci-fi (dystopian or not) story-verse, we can go retro history (like Sky Captain), or we can do something in a present day. I think enough of us present have stated a lack of interest in fantasy. Since I want maximum cooperation, but I realize that we aren't likely to get any sort of unanimous decision I will post some options and I would like for you guys to post (in a comment) what your order of preference is.

1) Futuristic Sci-fi (immediate future/40-50 years ahead)
2) History redone (20th century with a twist, Sky Captain style)
3) Modern fiction (current day with or without a twist <---to be decided if we go this route)

Also, no matter which direction we go we'll need people to go with their strengths. If we are going to make one massive story then we'll need to cooperate.

Do you want to work on (again order of preference):
A) what got us to this point in our worls (historian)
B) what our world is like now (set designer)
C) Give us a rough cast of characters (casting director) note that what these guys come up with does not limit us.

7 Comments:

Blogger Scott Roche said...

I'll cast the first ballot:

Setting order fo preference:
History redone
Sci fi
Modern Fiction

Prefered job:
Set designer
Casting Director
Historian

5:49 AM  
Blogger pinakidion said...

Well, I am not adverse to fantasy, but since I am working on my own, I am willing to get the gears going on something else.

I vote for history redone and for set designer, along with a character or two of my own.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Scott Roche said...

So let's do something pulpy with sci-fi elements to please the history re-done and scifi votes and get started.

How would something post WWII with some occult stuff, lightning guns, lantern jawed heroes, and smart but soft blond heroines suit y'all?

12:27 PM  
Blogger Scott Roche said...

Well Rock you could give us some sort of timeline and Beach could give us a picture of what the current world situation is like (say 1945). I'll come up with a cast of characters (just sketches that we can flesh out for all of this stuff).

How's that?

12:37 PM  
Blogger Scott Roche said...

Yours would be more of a "what has come before" our start of story. Go back as far as you feel you need to point of departure wise. The world can be a lot like ours as much as you want and this could be a sort of unknown history, or it could be stuff taught in this world's school.

Beach can role with what tech is like, how people are, what countries are like, architecture, whatever.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Scott Roche said...

And this, is why you needed to be our history guy. Good work so far.

The Thule Society should be included somehow I think.

5:22 AM  
Blogger Scott Roche said...

You could bring us to saaaay the early 40's and that's where our story could begin.

I'm noodling on some characters (watched Raiders last night and that got my brain percolating) and should post some stuff later today.

5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home